All money raised by the Howie Meeker Special Olympics Golf Classic goes directly to weekly program costs, travel and equipment for the Campbell River Athletes.
Your support has helped make Special Olympics BC - Campbell River one of the most successful locals in Canada.
...all because of generous people like you... Thank You!!
- Special Olympics BC – Campbell River is operated by volunteers- there are no paid staff or paid coaches.
- We are a not for profit organization and have been offering quality fitness programs and competitive opportunities for Athletes with developmental disabilities for 29 years.
- We have over 130 registered Athletes in 16 programs.
- We have over 65 registered volunteers and coaches.
- We offer year round high quality programs for our Athletes.
- We were started by members of the Willow Point Old Timers Hockey Team
- We were the first local on Vancouver Island
- Special Olympics BC requires a detailed monthly accounting of all revenue and expense reports submitted monthly, as well as an annual audit occurs of all monthly financial statements.
- We are responsible for any expenses in Campbell River, competition within the Province (regional or provincial games)
- The Provincial office raises money for National Games and Provincial team costs
- The national office raises money for national team costs
We are eternally grateful to our sponsors, our tournament participants and especially to Howie Meeker for giving so freely of his time to help make this tournament the success it is.